How to Use a DSLR Camera? A Beginner’s Guide
If you have just bought a brand new DSLR Camera or you are planning to buy a new one, the various features and options can be a little confusing.
Well, in this video, we show you how the different options like aperture, shutter speed & ISO work and how you can take that perfect photo, with effects like bokeh or blur, with a DSLR.
We are demonstrating this video using a Canon EOS 70D DSLR.
The most important things at this stage are knowing where to access the basics:
- on/off button
- shutter button
- zoom controls
- auto mode, manual mode
- erase button
- where to insert the memory card
If you have a second-hand camera and the instructions manual is missing, It’s likely that you will be able to download it from manufactures website for free, also from eBay, Amazon …
DSLR Instructions manuals are usually in a common format, called PDF. You need a program called Adobe Reader to open it, this is likely to be on your computer already; if not install it from www.adobe.com or ask a friend to do so.
It’s absolutely essential to take a look at the instruction manual and refer to it regularly. I’m always tempted to start playing with the new toy without reading the manual but ultimately I find that even a cursory glance at the basics functions makes life a lot easier in the long run.
DSLR Camera Tips
- Always charge the battery fully before first use
- Read the instructions manual to discover how to access the camera’s main functions
- There is only one correct way to insert the battery and memory card
- Remember to insert your battery and memory card before heading out.
You may be interested in the following related articles as well.
- Canon 1DX Mark II Review
- Smartphone Photography Courses
- Nikon D500 Review | Fastest DX DSLR Ever
- 3 Reasons To Use Vintage Lenses On Modern Cameras
DON’T FORGET TO LIKE, SHARE, SUBSCRIBE!
FOR MORE TIPS, TRICKS & SHORTCUTS!
Awesome Photo Tips
Join our monthly newsletter
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.