Fujifilm X is one of the most loved interchangeable lens camera series in the market. X-T20 is an SLR-Styled midrange mirrorless camera that fits between X-T2 and X-E2S.
It is also considered as an advanced version of X-T10 with lots of amazing features such as classic autofocus system, efficient burst shooting capability, advanced image processor and 24MP sensor.
This camera unit is the perfect combination of impressive image quality, fast prime lens and classic design that can satisfy enthusiastic photographers with ease.
Manufacturers have added great focus to building Fujifilm X-T20 and all the previous issues of this series are well resolved with this design. With a fit to the budget range, it offers advanced video features along with high-quality images.
- It offers impressive image quality with fine colour distributions for JPEG format.
- Incredible ISO performance.
- Solid build quality with a decent price range.
- The great dynamic range that can satisfy most users.
- A wide range of direct controls.
- A highly responsive AF system that works with 325 selectable points.
- High-resolution EVF system.
- Amazing modes of film simulation.
- The continuous AF/ burst mode works with 8fps frame rate.
- Offers great exposure compensation.
- Users can connect external mic input to ensure better sound quality during recording.
- Allows easy charging via USB connection.
- It has comparatively smaller phase detection area.
- Needs some improvement in AF tracking performance.
- Do not provide reliable performance for hunting in low light.
- Movie mode does not provide zebra warnings, face detection, and histogram feature.
- Lesser custom settings.
- The Function button appears a little difficult to operate.
- You cannot access the memory card slot when the camera is fixed to a tripod.
Fujifilm X-T20 Camera Review
The most interesting features of Fujifilm X-T20 as compared to its predecessor X-T10 are the ability to capture 4K videos, advanced 325 point autofocus system, touchscreen control and 24.3MP X-Trans type CMOS III sensor that provides high-resolution images.People call it the best mirrorless revolution in the market. Click To Tweet
X-T20 is designed with easy to handle and highly interactive LCD screen that can be tilted at different angles. It allows users to swipe, magnify, touch shoot and touch focus photographs. It means users can experience quick changes in exposure and focus without struggling with the control buttons.
Fujifilm X-T20 is developed with autofocus system; it appears fast enough with the 325 point autofocus that works perfectly for videos and images as well.
As already discussed, this camera is equipped with new 24.3MP APS-C X-Trans CMOS III sensor that is combined with the advanced image processor to serve 2 times faster speed as compared to its predecessor.
People call it the best mirrorless revolution in the market.
**Image by Hurk87
The overall weight of this camera is 13.5 ounces and the dimensions are somewhere around 118x83x41mm. The first impression of this camera is definitely cool with the lightweight and minimalistic design.
The dials and buttons are well adjusted on this camera so that users can easily control performance while maintaining efficient grip during the shoot. Also, the interactive LCD screen assists in the easy adjustment of all essential functions.
New Firmware Ver.2.00 – Read more
This firmware update will add new support for the “FUJIFILM X RAW STUDIO” software that allows users to connect the camera to a computer via USB cable for developing RAW files in camera.
The new firmware will also enhance the AF tracking algorithm for moving subjects, improve third-party studio flash controller usability as well as add new functions designed to improve operability.
This camera makes shooting process quite creative and produces high-quality images with least adjustments. Experts rate it high for the perfect combination of image quality, lightweight, small size and impressive autofocus performance.
Note that, X-T20 is designed with 3 autofocus modes; users can make easy adjustments between manual focus, continuous focus and single AF.
The live view feature is another great addition to Fujifilm X-T20; it can help you to generate high-quality results in all light conditions. It is loaded with electronic viewfinder ability that works with 2.36 million dots with the support of OLED technology.
The ISO range of X-T20 varies between ISO 100 to ISO 51200; however, you can achieve the best image quality at ISO 200. After ISO 3200, it starts adding noticeable noise to the images and it becomes worst at ISO 12800.
Fujifilm X-T20 also possess 256-zone TTL metering system that can be adjusted between different modes such as average, spot, multi and centre-weighted type.
There are lots of creative shooting modes along with advanced filters. You can work with partial colour, soft focus, dynamic tone, low key, high key, pop colour, miniature and toy camera etc.
On the other side, panorama mode offers impressive results for JPEG images. Users can share captured images easily via built-in Wi-Fi system that also allows assists in efficient remote control ability.
Fujifilm X-T20: Good For
This camera is suitable for photographers who are more curious to buy a stylish camera unit with a wide selection of lenses. It can serve enthusiasts with excellent image quality, direct controls, and impressive build quality.
X-T20: Bad For
If you are in search of ultra-high quality 4K video production ability, this camera is not the right choice for you. Fujifilm X-T20 cannot assist actions photographers.
This camera still requires some improvements to autofocus system so if this feature is your major target, it is better to look for any other camera.
Fujifilm X-T20 has collected great response from the market and it has a huge fan base. People call it one of the best budget-friendly camera units for all those who are looking forward to enjoying DSLR experience.
The impressive image quality of this camera makes it suitable for dedicated photographers.
Manufacturers have made great efforts to design this advanced camera unit. X-T20 is created to focus on all essential requirements of photographers and it can satisfy all beginners and mediocre photographers with ease.
Travellers will find it best companion for their adventure trips as it does not create a burden on your backpack with its lightweight and compact design.
You can share captured images on social media with ease using its Wi-Fi capabilities. With all such impressive features, Fujifilm X-T20 definitely becomes a must buy a camera for all dedicated photographers.
- Resolution: 24.3MP / 6000 x 4000
- Sensor size: APS-C 23.6mm x 15.6mm
- Sensor Type: CMOS
- Processor: X-Processor Pro2
- Colour Filter Type: X-Trans 3
- Viewfinder: LCD/EVF
- ISO: 200-12.800, extended 51.200
- White balance presets: 7
- Shutter: 1/32000 – 30 seconds
- Exposure modes: Program, Shutter priority, Aperture priority, Manual
- Metering modes: Spot, Multi, Average, Center-weighted
- RAW and JPEG-fine, normal
- Autofocus: Center, Tracking, Continuous, Touch, Face, Live View, Selective, Multi-area, Contrast.
- Lens mount: Fujifilm X
- Screen size: 3″ Tilting
- Flash range 5.00m – ISO 100
- Microphone: Stereo
- Speaker: Mono
- Storage types: SD / SDHC / SDXC
- Wireless: Built-In
- Dimensions: 118 x 83 x 41mm
- Read more
Fujifilm X-T20 Video Review
An extensive and detailed review of the Fuji X-T20 camera. Lots of sample images and video. By – Maarten Heilbron
- Nikon D7500 Review
- Nikon D3400 Tutorial For Beginners
- Travel Photography Tips
- Getting Better Snapshots
- Using Light To Take Great Photos
- What Are Exposure Settings and When To Use Them
- Canon EOS 200D/Rebel SL2 Review
- Canon EOS 80D
- How to do Professional Photos for eBay
- Samsung Galaxy S9 | The Camera Reinvented
DON’T FORGET TO LIKE, SHARE, SUBSCRIBE!
FOR MORE TIPS, TRICKS & SHORTCUTS!
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.